Sharjah International Airport (SIA) is located 13km south east of Sharjah.It is 15 km and 20 minutes drive from central Dubai. SIA is known as a regional cargo hub. In early 2016, SIA inaugurated its new, state-of-the-art pharma and healthcare handling facility. The temperature controlled unit is operated by a highly trained team and is designed to service businesses which need to transport delicate, medical-related items that require advanced temperature-controlled technology for storage, as well as special care in handling and shipping. In April 2016, SIA became the first airport in the GCC and Africa to offer (via sole ground handling agent, Sharjah Aviation Services) IATA CEIV Pharma-certified cargo handling services.
Sharjah International Airport has five cargo terminals with a total floor area of 32,000 square metres. The terminals are for cargo holding, import, freight forwarders, customs and overflow imports, and export. The airport’s ideal location, close to Sharjah city, Dubai city and the main highways connecting the country’s seven emirates, has made it a convenient hub for business.
Sharjah International Airport is well equipped with state of the art facilities for all types of cargo both for inbound, transit and for export as per customers’ requirements. Sharjah Aviation Services is the first cargo handling agent in the Middle East and Africa to attain IATA’s CEIV Pharma certification for its processes, facilities and services in Sharjah.
Chiller & Freezers Facility
- Chillers adjustable from +2°C to +25°C
- Freezers adjustable up to -20°C
- All rooms are temperature adjustable, temperature/humidity monitored by GDP approved hardware/software system, with built-in alerts. Total 1200 m3
- Dedicated Cooling Trailer for bulk cargo transportation in the tarmac, between aircraft hold and dedicated cold storage, as well as to delivery dock
- Apart from customs Bounded road feeder service between Airports, SAS can offer door to door temperature controlled reefer trucking service within UAE
Special Storage Areas
- Dedicated Cold Rooms for Healthcare/Pharmaceutical products
- Chillers & Freezers -385 sqm
- Valuable Strong Room 36.85 sqm
- Vulnerable Cargo – Fenced / Locked door Facility 76.25 sqm
- Holding Area for Human Remains -13.35 sqm
Road Feeder Service – Provide both roller bed, Lowbed and 3 Tons Express transportation service within UAE