By using this airarabia.com website and our mobile applications and mobile websites (the “Mediums”) you agree and consent that we and third parties can store and access cookies, IP addresses and use other tracking technology methods to enable Medium functionality, collect aggregated data about website usage, improve your online experience and manage and tailor our advertising and service communications with you. There are means of disabling cookies as set out below if you choose to do so, however this may affect your use of our Mediums. See below for more information about what cookies are, the tracking technology we use, and how we use them.
Learn about Cookies?
Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to your device when you visit a website. Cookies are then sent back to the originating website on each subsequent visit, or to another website that recognizes that cookie. Cookies are useful because they allow a website to recognize the device you are using and provide you with a better website experience.
Cookies do lots of different jobs, like letting you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, and generally improving your user experience. They can also help to ensure that adverts you see online are more relevant to you and your interests. Cookies in themselves do not identify the individual user, just the computer or mobile device you are using via a randomly generated identifying tag.
- To enable progression through the booking process to ensure that you have a seamless booking experience on airarabia.com.
- To provide information that can help us to understand what interested you about our website and emails and what did not. This helps us provide you with more personalized features, and more relevant information on subsequent visits.
- To record information such as aspects of your last flight search to make subsequent searches faster and also to enable us to tailor airarabia.com to your preferences.
- To measure the effectiveness of our advertising and how visitors use our site.
Our Mediums use different types of cookies. Session cookies exist just for your session on our Medium and persistent cookies exist for a period of time after your visit. First party cookies are cookies set by our Mediums and third party cookies are set by third party platforms. We utilize both session and persistent cookies, and first and third party cookies.
- Functional Cookies – these are cookies that are essential for the operation of our Mediums. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our websites, progress or complete a booking or make use of other online services we provide. If you disable these cookies then you may not be able to use our Mediums fully or at all.
- Analytical/performance cookies – these allow us to count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our Mediums. We aggregate this data and analyze it to improve the way our Mediums work and the user experience, for example, by improving the Medium’s layout. We use trusted third party analytics providers’ tools to enable this analysis.
- Cookies for enhancing your experience – these are used to recognize you when you return to our Mediums. This enables us to personalize our content for you, greet you by name, provide your Air Rewards details if you are registered and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region) and to identify to us where you don’t complete a booking (so we can inform you of this and provide assistance).
How can I reject cookies and/or delete existing cookies?
Modern browsers allow you to change your cookie settings. You can set your browsers or devices to accept all cookies, to notify you when a cookie is issued, or not to receive cookies at any time. The last of these means that certain personalized features cannot then be provided to you and accordingly you may not be able to take full advantage of all of the website’s features. Each browser is different, so check the ‘help’, ‘options’ or ‘preferences’ menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences.
You can also visit https://www.aboutcookies.org/ which contains comprehensive information on how to do this on a wide variety of browsers. This site includes details on how to delete cookies from your computer as well as more general information about cookies.
Other tracking technologies
We use clear image files, pixel tags and other similar technology embedded within emails we send to you and on our Mediums. These files are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on your computer’s hard drive, clear images are embedded invisibly on web pages or in emails. We may use clear images (a.k.a. web beacons, web bugs or pixel tags), in connection with the Mediums to, among other things, track the activities of Medium visitors, help us manage content, and compile statistics about usage of the Mediums. We and our third party service providers also use clear images in HTML e-mails to our customers, to help us track e-mail response rates, identify when our e-mails are viewed, and track whether our e-mails are forwarded.